Does software get your pulse racing? Experience with Linux and C++ programming language? Proactive and hands-on mentality? Affinity with the maritime and/or offshore industry? Read further!
For our client we are looking for a Software Engineer. As an experienced software engineer, you will work realize and maintain software applications on the Linux platform, primarily in C and C++. These applications are for the automation of our products and for our VPS.
You will be involved in the programming processes and act as the lead engineer. In addition, you will look after the software implementation, testing and documenting, which allows for creativity and showing initiative. You will also support R&D engineers as well as service engineers when issues arise with new and existing software. A flexible attitude is therefore important.
- Academic level of thinking and professional training
- At least 3-5 years of work experience in a comparable job
- Work experience within the maritime and/or offshore industry is an advantage
- Experience with cathodic protection systems is an advantage
- Experience with programming in Embedded Linux (Custom distribution), C++ combined with (non-gui) Qt-framework, Version control (primarily git)
- Proficient in the C++ programming language and familiar with the OO principles;
- General hardware knowledge (understand schematics)
- A feel for measurement and control technology
- Experience using software for technical documentation
- A basic knowledge of electrical engineering
- The capacity to work as an individual programmer
- An enterprising, proactive, hands-on mentality
- Problem solving ability, decisiveness and sense of responsibility
- A good command of the English language in speech and writing
- A competitive remuneration
- Excellent primary and secondary conditions
- Pleasant working atmosphere within a healthy organization
- Broad range of training and career opportunities
About the organization
Our client is a leading international family business, founded more than 50 years ago in The Netherlands and operates all over the world. They are active, among other things, in Offshore Oil and Gas, Offshore Wind, Shipping, Civil Engineering and Machine Building. Their specialisations:
- Production and sales of aluminium and zink sacrifical anodes for shipping, offshore and civil engineering industries
- Production, sales and service of impressed current and growth preventions systems for ships and offshore structures
- Sales and installation of aluminium gangways and accommodation ladder systems
- Ultrasonic Thickness Measurements and surveys aboard ships
- Destructive and Non-Destructive Testing
- Rope Access
Do you have questions about the position or the application process please contact us on Tel: +31 (0)180-487755 / E-mail: firstname.lastname@example.org.
Aantal uren per week: 40
Sector: Overige / ICT