In possession of IWT and experience in the welding industry (structural or pipeline)? Prepared to work offshore and abroad occasionally? Do you feel comfortable to work in a high pressure and fast-paced environment? Affinity with the maritime and offshore industry? Read further!
For our client we are looking for an International Welding Technologist (IWT) to join the Pipeline Production Department. Pipeline Production comprises highly skilled, multidisciplinary teams responsible for the preparation of all offshore welding, non-destructive testing and field joint coating carried out on board of our client’s construction vessels.
The Welding Technologists support the Welding Engineers to ensure that welding activities (development, qualifying, testing etc.) are executed on time, within budget and in accordance with project requirements and client demands. This challenging role offers a chance to work on a variety of projects all over the world. Candidates will ideally have proven welding and/or pipeline experience and will be comfortable working in a high pressure, fast-paced environment.
- Support in identifying, developing and qualifying the welding methods to timely and economically produce the pipelines and their appurtenances, including testing, documentation, client approval and third party verification, as required for the project
- Review project requirements and provide input for tenders
- Support in providing technical input and cost estimates for welding methods, equipment and consumables, required for project preparations and production
- Monitor the daily progress of ongoing production on our client’s vessels and / or work sites and if necessary assist on site
- Maintain and expand technical and practical knowledge of (offshore) pipeline welding and construction work, including non-destructive testing techniques
- International Welding Technologist (IWT)
- Preferably, a minimum of 3 years’ experience in the welding industry (structural or pipeline)
- Good command of the English language, both written and spoken
- Prepared to work offshore and abroad occasionally
- A positive, collaborative and creative work environment with team spirit at its core
- Flexible working hours and 30 vacation days (1 FTE)
- Good salary, travel allowance, pension arrangements and the possibility to join the collective health insurance
- Personal growth and development opportunities, including study budgets, training and coaching
- Healthy work-life balance, with subsidised sports memberships, on-site recreational facilities and various social events and festivities
About the organisation
Our client is a world leading contractor in offshore pipeline installation, heavy lift and subsea construction. They operate at versatile fleet of specialized heavy-lift, pipelay and support vessels, which are designed and developed in-house. They develop the most innovative technology of the world.
Do you have questions about the position or the application procedure? Ask them via our contact form or call us on telephone number +31 (0)180-487755.
You can apply via the button below ‘Apply now’ or send your resume with motivation letter to firstname.lastname@example.org.
Aantal uren per week: 40
Opleidingsniveau: MBO / HBO
Sector: Werktuigbouwkunde / Scheepsbouw